Question
Posted by: IBS | 2008-11-26

chronic diarrhea

Dear Doctor

I am a 46 year old female having been diagnosed with IBS by a gastro-enterologist. All tests and examinations yieded nothing. The problem is the chronic diarrhea, which I have had for 1 year. The specialist has " given up'  as no conventional meds is controlling the diarrhea satisfactorily.
I am also hyperacidic (taking Nexiam). I had an accident 5 years ago, resulting in spinal and nerve " damage"  and have been taking nerve tablets (Xanor) since. I am still highly strung though.

Please help, esp the diarrhea, as I have lost about 10 kg in the past year.

Thank you in advance

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

a good probiotic will re-establish your flora in your gut. Dr Reckeweg R4 is indicated for diarhoea. Iberogast (herbal medication) will assist the GIT (gastro tract) in general. i suggest chiropractic treatment especially that your condition started after the accident.
Dr Debbie

3
Posted by: Alisia | 2009-02-11

Hi there, I' ve had Ulcerative Colitis for 3yrs now and nothing works for me at all !!

Except a month ago I tried LP 299 V - which helped but in the long run is very very expensive and the med aid doesn' t pay it from chronic either. So I have purchased TONIX from a Health Shop - which is also a good Probiotic - which is R 70 for 60 x tablets - a month' s supply and it works wonderfully for me, for the diarrhea. !! Try it perhaps. Good luck

Reply to Alisia
Posted by: IBS | 2008-11-27

Hi Advice

I have tried the LP299V probiotic for as month, but there was no improvement in the diarrhea symptoms. It is also a bit pricey to continue indefinitely. I have changed to another probiotic Normaflora, but stil no improvement yet.

Reply to IBS
Posted by: Advice | 2008-11-27

I have been diagnosed with IBS also about a year ago and suffered from the same symptoms as you do. I found the answer and decided to share it with whomever would listen i found Lp229v! a probiotic natural product - it changed my life!

Reply to Advice