Question
Posted by: Annie | 2008/07/21

Chronic crying

How can I help my cerebral palsy daughter.Apart from the constipation and losing water from drooling.She cries for more than 4hours on end between 5pm and 11pm.Nothing we do can stop it.She has chronic epilesy, but is under treatment - according to her doctor it is one of the strongest substances and she is using not only Phoebaritone but also Rivitrol and Valium.Because of tha fact that she was constantly having fits(more than once a day).

Is there anything else that could be wrong with her?And how will we know?

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Annie

To alleviate your daughters constipation, you can give her Laxette syrup, twice daily, for at least a period of ten days. Nothing can be done to stop her drooling but it is important to replace fluids lost in this way. I suggest that she consults a neurologist, in order to assess the reason for her chronic crying.

Please advise me about the outcome at the neurologist.

Good luck!