Posted by: manisha | 2009-08-06

Chronic Constipation

i wonder if you can assist me.
My daughter will turn 2 in September and she suffers form chronic constipation. Her pediatrician has done a blood test on allergies and says its low positive and that there’ s nothing to worry about. I would still like to find out the cause of her constipation. She only goes about every three days and now she has also started bleeding. I’ ve minimized the wheat, yogurt &  dairy products in her diet. I’ ve also put her on rice milk which helped for only a week. the doctor did give me medication for her which I’ ve now stopped giving her. I really would like to find out why she has chronic constipation and how I can treat it naturally. She also has quite severe eczema.

Dear Manisha
see this article on chronic constipation in children:
lactulose is a safe, not addictive and non damaging syrup you can give long term to keep the stool soft.