Posted by: chronic | 2009-05-10

chronic constipation

Hi Cyberdoc,
Please help me. I am suffering chronic constipation which started when I fell pregnant. My baby is now nearly a month old and I thought my stomach would return to normal but unless I take a few things like duphalac syrup and those husk sachets and then finally a glycerine suppository to actually make my stomach work, I do not go at all - I don' t even get the urge to have a bowel movement. When my stomach finally does work with the help of the glycerine suppository, I pass a huge stool with much difficulty and pain which is made up of a lot of small marble sized hard stools.
How do I get my stomach to return to normal and start having normal bowel movements.

I suggest that you use Soflax tablets, two tablets daily, in combination with Laxette syrup, 10ml, twich daily for a period of 10 days. If no improvement, I suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor.

Hi Dr,

I have suffered with chronic constipation for as long as I can remember, and been to many Drs. I have changed my eating habits as well, drink lots of water and exercise. This problem still never seems to leave me, I take soflax and eat prunes which eventually help. Please advise what can I do, its been almost seven days and still I have not passed any stools. Last month I used glycerine suppostries and it helped only when I use it.

How do I get back to been normal again? Please help.