Question
Posted by: ash | 2009-01-19

chronic backaches

I have been suffering with ongoing backaches since 2005 when I fell pregnant for my twins. The problem is that recently the frequency of the pain has increased to daily &  also brought on headaches with it. I am currently being treated for depression with fluoxitine &  also on triphasil contraceptive. I also have a mild case of IBS. My doc says that the pain is suffer from is majorly due to stress in my life. I must admit that I am generally a stress cat but never thought it could be so bad. Today the pain is blinding &  I am at my wits end on what to do. Please assist ASAP !

Dear Ash
Please go to a physiotherapist for an evaluation, one should determine if this is muscle spasm due to posture problems or trigger points, or if it is a spine problem. You may need certain exercises to strengthen certain muscles and deep massage or ultrasound treatment to get rid of deep muscle spasms.
dr Bets