Question
Posted by: CS | 2010/10/14

Chronic Back and leg Pain

I had a very bad fall 3 years ago.In the interm I have had 4 Major back operations on L4/L5.Interdisk Spacer,then Fusion, with the periformis muscle opto release the sciatic nerve. I am still in constant pain.I cannot sit for long,neither can I walk to far my legs and back collapse. My doc Neurosurgeon sent me for an MRI Scan and the results came back as - Large left paracentral disk extrusion at L4/L5 into the neural foramina and lateral recess. I am so worried that I will have to have surgery agian.The pain is so intense there are days I cannot get out of bed.Lately I have weird tingling sensations up and down my legs it feels as if I have the cold shivers.Do u perhaps have an suggestions for me.I have to see my Neurologist when he gets back in 3 weeks time.

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

With that pain you have and the result of the MRI it is more than likely that you will require surgery again

2
Posted by: Sharon | 2015/10/20

I have for about a month, now got cronic pain in my left groin that goes down my thigh....i am also now ecperiencing lower back pain. Any possible cause?

Reply to Sharon
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2010/10/17

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum