Posted by: Herman Kleynhans | 2011-09-27

Chronic Alergy?

I Have a alergy that hits out in hives, I have been to many a doctor for tests for the past 20 years and they cant find what I am alergic to, all I know is that it is worse when I eat foods that has sunflower products in it, I am curently taking 75mg of phenergan ( No other anti-histamine works for me) a day just to live a semi normal life, what can I do? I have no medical aid and I am of low income. I just want to live normal without having to take pills every day

Thank you.

Herman Kleynhans.

You can consult a pathology lab for blood tests to determine if there is something that you are allergic to. Unfortunately, it is expensive and depends on how many products you are tested for. You can also consult an allergy specialist. State care does not provide these special tests.