Posted by: gemini16 | 2009-04-02

I have been prescribed with Eltroxin because of my underactive thyroid. Can you please tell me if there is chromium in these pills. I ask because the doctor told me only to take one pill every alternative day and although I have been taking them for six weeks, nothing seems to have changed. I am not losing weight - in fact I am gaining weight, even though I exercise at the gym four times a week and am on a balanced diet.

Dear Gemino16
Eltroxin is a thyroid hormone replacement and it does not contain any chromium. Restoring thyroid function can take up to 3 months, so if after 3 months you have still not lost any weight then you need to return to the dr to have your thyroid levels checked again and your dosage adjusted if necessary. Don't change your Eltroxin dosage without first seeing the dr. If your diet is energy-reduced and you are doing aerobic exercise (not working with weights) then you should start losing weight.
Hang in there

Posted by: gemini16 | 2009-04-03

Many thanks for your response. I am most heartened to see that it' s not an overnight thing and I must be patient. I have been doing weights as well as aerobics, but maybe I should only do aerobics??

Reply to gemini16