Question
Posted by: el | 2011/06/20

Christian sexologist JHB

I would like to consult with a sexologist, and prefer a christian person as I feel they might understand my concern better. Can anyone make a good recommendation?

We are unable to keep track of individual therapists or counsellors, let alone of whether they are worth recommending. And we do not approve of other readers advertising and recommending specific counsellors or shrinks, either.

As presumably your sexual problem is not theological or Christian in content or nature, I don't recommend looking specifically for a Christian sexual counsellor. The quality of the counsellor is what matters. Be aware that too many who call themselves Christian counsellors may be Christian but have no adequate qualifications as counsellors.

I am sure any well qualified and experienced counsellor should be able to help you effectively and respectfully.

3
Posted by: anna | 2011/06/20

Hi El,

The correct person to ask would be the Health24 Sexologist, and I don''t think that Prof Simpson is commenting on your life-style, but trying to make sure that no-one sends you to a quack who can do damage.

Reply to anna
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2011/06/20

Your pastor should be able to give you the name of a Christian therapist.

Reply to Vrye Denker