Question
Posted by: Schmetterling | 2009-01-22

Choosing a Gyneacologist

I recently got married and at 23, I have not yet been to a gyneacologist.. ever.

I know I should go and have medical aid etc etc. Still, I am extremely nervous about going and would like some help if possible on how to choose a gyneacologist (pretoria).

Any advice or suggestions?

Would be greatly appreciated.

The best way to choose a gynaecologist is to go by a recommendation from a friend or your GP.

2
Posted by: ANON | 2009-01-23

Dont wait, Im 27 and married 4 years and only went for my first papsmear this week - you dont have to go to a Gynae for that, a GP can do it. A GPs consultation rates are cheeper, and after phoning various Gynaes offices you have to be on a waiting list to see most recommended Gynaes.
Dont be afraid, a pap smear as not as frightening as we think and its not painful, see a lady GP as they have a whole lot more sympathy and patience than men.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Lynn | 2009-01-22

You can possibly ask some close friends or family who their gynae is and if they are happy with them. Your GP could also perhaps recommend somebody? On a financial note, remember that not all Dr' s charge medical aid rates so take that into consideration as well. At the end of the day it is a personal decision one you can only make when meeting the Dr and seeing if you are comfortable with him/her.

Reply to Lynn