Posted by: Gracie | 2008-12-03

Cholestrol Test - How Reliable

Hi Cyberdoc

I am having one of those instant pin prick cholestrol tests at a clinic tomorrow. How reliable are these? Or, are they reliable enough to show that you should have a proper blood test for cholestrol testing purposes? The clinic sister has not said anything to me so should I eat during the day or not (the test is at 16h15). Its quite important to me as in January my cholestrol was slightly over the norm, but I since lost 10kg. Although I have maintained the loss I have not always kept my fat intake low.

Also, can either Urbanol (only taken very occasionally) or Altosec cause heart palpitations?

Thanks you

Dear Gracie
One should do a cholesterol test on an empty stomach and as a screening test the instant test has value, but if you really want to monitor your levels you should have an early morning proper blood test.