Question
Posted by: Tess | 2010/11/29

Cholestrol levels Please Assist!

Hi I am a 32 year old female. I was send for a full medical on Friday and my cholestrol test result was according to the doctor shocking. It was 7.9. She said it should be about 4.5. My blood pressure and sugar levels was normal. I smoke not more than 5 times a day.

Please could you tell me what are the symtoms of cholestrol? I did pick up some weight in the last year. I don''t eat fat or greasy food. This is the first time in my life that I had this test. Are my levels realy that dangerous?

What food should I avoid? Please can you advice me if there is medication I should take. I have already started to work on a exercise program 30min power walk a day. Will this be enough? I do not currently do any exercise.

I see there is different types of cholestrol. How would I know what type I have?

I would realy appreciate your help in this matter.

Hallo Tess
High Cholesterol does not have specific symptoms and is often a "silent" disease. It is often genetic (hereditary) even if you eat healthy and are not overweight. Your levels are too high and you are at risk for heart disease and strokes. Look at http://cholesterol.about.com/od/prevention/u/prevention.htm#s4
If your cholesterol does not come down on diet after 3 months, you may need to take a cholesterol lowering medication like Crestor longterm.
Your Cholesterol test will show which types of cholesterol need attention - discuss with your doctor.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/29

Hallo Tess