Question
Posted by: zain | 2011-07-25

cholestrol

Hi Doc, my GP tested ny Cholestrol on Friday and he said that my cholestrol is 7.8 and its very high, what must a person cholestrol really be and what do i do.... going back today to check but just tosee what else i can do now to lower it....

Zain

A cholesterol reading of 7.8 is very high. There are other factors that determine the amount of free fatty acids/lipids in your body. You should consult a dietrician for a diet to lower your fat intake. Exercise is a very good form of treatment to lower your cholesterol. Medication is also very helpful and effective to control high cholesterol.