Question
Posted by: Jennifer | 2010/09/16

cholestrol

Hi I am 55 years old female with COPD weight 43kg normally have low blood pressure do not eat any meat bread cheese or fried food I do however eat a chocolate a day but today my Pulmologist phoned me about my cholestrol levels LDL 3.5 HDL 5.8 should I worry
and if I take estrofem for menopause will it help sometimes I do take it sometimes I leave it and wlll taking lecithin on cereal help at all really do not want to go on tablets

Hi Jennifer

Those values are just slightly on the high side, but they're not super high. It's good that they've picked up this change, because maybe in the future, it would continue to head that way. I think the best thing for you to do now is to see a dietician and get some ideas from them on what to eat, and then also to see a doctor about the medication aspect. It's your choice as to whether you take meds or not, but you also need to discuss the menopause meds and how they may be affecting you.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/20

Hi Jennifer

Reply to fitnessdoc