Question
Posted by: Lena-Marie Pieterse | 2010-06-14

Cholestrol

Can you give me a Cholestrol - High Protein diet. My Cholestrol is 7,4 but I easily gain weight if I eat Carbs and my Iron is VERY low. Please help.

Dear Lena-Marie
Because you have high cholesterol levels and iron deficiency and possibly need to lose weight, I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
The dietitian will have to assess your present diet and help you make the necessary changes. You may find that you can eat carbohydrates provided they are low-GI. The concept of the low-GI, low-fat diet needs to be explained to each individual patient by a dietitian.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-06-14

Dear Lena-Marie