Question
Posted by: steve | 2012/10/11

cholestrol 2

thanks alot doc for the answer in 189
a few more question thoygh wat about these supplements we take durin races like GU and GI32 drinks ,gums and other stuff may i take these or will these also have an impact
i was drinkin low fat milk or fat free milk and i noticed (yes getting Paranoid with this condition) the chlestrol on the low fat milk is 9 or 10 g whats yo opinion on this. i bought fat free cottage cheese and noticed the cholestrol content is also is high but the sat fats are low will this affect my levels? phew i am being a pain but i m tryin hard to sort this out b4 it becomes a problem. thanks again

Dear Steve
I am not sure where you are looking on the label of the fat-free cottage cheese and the low-fat or fat-free milks? According to the SA Food Tables, full-cream milk contains 3.3% total fat and 14 mg of cholesterol per 100 ml, but 2% milk (which contains 1.9% total fat) only contains 8 mg cholesterol per 100 ml. If you use fat-free milk it contains 0.2% total fat and 2 mg cholesterol per 100 ml. So if you drink 200 ml of the fat-free milk with your sports drinks, then in total you will only be ingesting 4 mg (milligram) of cholesterol. Please note that the suggested safe intake of cholesterol for adults is 300 mg per day. 4 mg of cholesterol thus represent 1,3% of the suggested intake of cholesterol per day.
I hope this helps.

1

Dear Steve
I hope this helps.