Posted by: TRACY | 2009-09-07

im 34 yrs old and have have a blood test recently my ldl cholestrol is 4.4 and my gp says i need to go on meds, also i had my bp tested with a 24hr monitor system and it came back with a reading of 120/60 as heart disease runs in my family my gp says i should go on high blood pressure pills to prevent further compliations,do i really need this medication or could i get by until i get alittle older?

Hallo Tracy
Your blood pressure does not sound too high for me, please ask him why he wants to put you on blood pressure medication? If you have abnormal cholesterol tests results, you may need to go onto medication irrespective of your age - and the earlier the better to prevent damage to the arteries, heart and brain.

Posted by: nonam | 2009-09-07

Jeepers creepers!!! I really do no think (in my own stupidity) that a bp of 120/60 average, needs any medication to further LOWER the bp???

Reply to nonam