Question
Posted by: GaryU | 2010-03-09

Cholesterol levels

Hi Dr. Bets
I previously had exceptionally high Cholesterol of 13.5% I have, with medication, diet and exercise managed to reduce it to 3.9%
I was just wondering if there could still be any remaining cholesterol build up on my arteries, or would that have disolved with the treatment.

Hallo GaryU
It depends on your age, if you are still young you probably do not have to worry, but if you had a cholesterol of 13 for 50 years, you may have permanent cholesterol damage to arteries. Older people with risk factors may need sonar/angiogram if they have symptoms of angina or narrowed arteries.

2
Posted by: warren | 2015-03-20

Hi Docter I'm the age of 23 I went for a cholesterol test and was 5.3 is it something that I should worry about.... I eat healthy gym 4 days a week don't smoke and drink occasion

Reply to warren
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-09

Hallo GaryU

Reply to cyberdoc