Posted by: Despondent me | 2012-11-28

Hi, I had a drug eluting stent placed almost a year ago due to what was termed " mild heart attack"  70% plaque blockage. It has now been established, I can not tolerate ANY statins at all, not even capsules from a Homeopath (contains red yeast rice). The muscle pain with each and every statin brand + the Hoeopath capsules with red yeast rice, was horrificly painful, and really messed up my quality of life.

Is there any natural product that can be taken to keep cholesterol numbers in check?when I asked my GP this question he answered with " I dont know..what''s in it?" yet, a GP I used to see some years ago was a firm believer in natural products and supplements. Sadly, he is not around any longer

I am female aged 61 not overweight.

I am on dual anti platelet therapy clopidogrel blood thinner, and aspirin

Expert ImageNatural health

you can use Niacin (the flushing type is better). When taking the tabs the arteries get "flushed" out - this creates a "hot flush". Usually after 3 weeks of weeks this subsides. Without a full consult dosage to recommend becomes tricky. Co Enzyme Q10 is also a substance to have a look at for cardiovascular health. Omega 3 in the form of wild caught fish will also help - must be monitored since you on the aspirin.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie