Posted by: Cal | 2012-11-23

Just found out my cholesterol is 6.8. It is genetic. I am 41 years old, non smoker, non drinker. I often have chest pain. I see fish is one of the good fats to eat, but I am deathly allergic to ALL fish, what should I do?

I strongly suggest that you consult a dietrician for a personalised diet. Your doctor should treat your raised cholesterol with a statin to reduce your cholesterol count and lower your risk for stroke and heart disease.

Posted by: Bee | 2012-11-24

I just want to know if by taking these prescribed medication can one stop it at any time?

Cal, try homeopathy.

Reply to Bee
Posted by: Sue | 2012-11-23

You should go onto a cholesterol lowering medication - your GP can prescribe one for you. Flax Seed Oil is also a good natural remedy for High Cholesterol, although it takes a while to start showing results.

Reply to Sue