Question
Posted by: Andre | 2011-01-25

Cholesterol

Ive been using Aspavor (20mg) since 2009. Since then I''ve gained 8 kilo''s and despite healthy eating and moderate excercise i have not been able to lose any of it. Can aspavor be linked to weight gain? I am 49/male. Please advise.

Dear Andre
According to my copy of MIMS which lists medicines sold in SA and their effects and side-effects, weight gain is not listed as a side-effect for Aspavor. However mention is made that this medication may cause hypo- or hyperglycaemia, which could possibly affect body weight. I am aware that other statin drugs can cause weight gain. I would, therefore, recommend that you discuss your weight gain with the doctor who is prescribing the Aspavor. If you are on a low-cholesterol, low-fat diet this should also help for weightloss. You can also try increasing your exercise if the dr gives permission.

2
Posted by: Glenda Dollie | 2011-05-30

Does the use of aspavor prevent you from having children

Reply to Glenda Dollie
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-26

Dear Andre