Question
Posted by: Dezi | 2010-10-15

Cholesterol

My cholesterol level is raised just above the top limit - 5,23. I am on a diet consisting mainly of fruits,m veggies, fish, ostrich and chicken and little carbs, What can I use to lower my cholesterol level to normal? I once heard that a handful of either sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (can''t remember which one) will lower the bad cholesterol level - any truth in this? I''ve started taking CO-Enzyme - will it help?

Expert ImageNatural health

hi

you can add a little bit of fibre in your diet - like Jungle Oat bran. this contains soluble and insoluble fibre. Drinking enough water and exercise is also very important. Sunflower seeds would assist. So would Lecithin. co-Enzyme Q10 would help for cardiac function not necessarily reducing cholesterol.

remember if you are stressed this could increase cholesterol as well.

Kind regards
Dr Debbie
www.drdebbie.co.za