Posted by: Dorette | 2009-01-09

Hi Doc, my cholesterol is 6.3
Should I be on medication or a special diet? Or can I just follow the Weigh-Less diet please? Thanks so much for all your patience! How dangerous is this 6.3 count?

Thank you for visiting

The 6.3 count puts you at a higher risk for cardio-vascular problems. I therefore, suggest that you consult a doctor and a dietrician to treat your cholesterol effectively. It is also important to assess your cholesterol with other risk factors for cardio-vascular, as well as strokes.

Kind regards

Posted by: Karen | 2009-01-11

It is important to find out if you have immediate family members that also have cholestorol? then it is hereditory and you need medication. Have you done a Lipogram yet so that you know what your HDL is?

Reply to Karen