Posted by: Julia | 2010-01-10

I choke very easily, not even eating, just by swallowing my spit. I get what I would describe as a " prick"  low in my throat and can' t stop coughing. This happens especially when I had a cold for a few days. When this happens, I can' t lie down, try to speak and I must swallow VERY carefully or the " prick"  in my throat comes back and I' m out of breath. This seems to be getting worse as the years go by. I' m now 58 and it started when I was a child.

It is very important to consult an ENT (ear, nose & throat) specialist for an examination. This is a long standing condition and should be investigated. It is possible that it is caused by a small growth or reflux gastritis, sinusitus with a chronic post nasal drip etc.

Please let me know about the findings.