Question
Posted by: Anonny | 2010/05/17

Choices

I have been hurt many times in life by men, I refuse to let the walls down around my heart. My friends are not happy that I sleep with guys just for the sake of sex and nothing else. I cant get myself to become emotionally involved with someone because I know that he is going to hurt me. I dont sleep with guys who are in relationships / married and we are always protected. What is wrong my with my choices?

This pattern of behaviour is indeed one which some people adopt when they have been emotioanlly hurt in relationships. But it runs serious health risks, doesn't actually avoid emotional involvement and emotional hurt, and prevents you from having good emotional experiences - you are aware of the risk of hurt but it isn' actually certain in every possible relationship, unless you insist on making that prophecy come true

1