Posted by: ss | 2008-11-11

Chohen diet

I was on the chohen diet... is there anyone who has had trouble mainting their goal weight afterwards?

I have no doubt many people will have experienced this, because it's the most common problem associated with dieting - the maintenance rate is very low, because the diet is a short-term fix, which tends to mess your body's metabolic rate around a little bit. So it's important that you rather look at longterm objectives, and realise that sensible eating beats dieting in 90% of cases. That's particularly true for these kinds of diets that promise rapid weight loss. in order to achieve rapid weight loss, you almost have to force your body into a state of "starvation" and it reacts to this by playing with your metabolic rate enormously. So these diets are rarely long term solutions, and my advice moving forward is to get onto a sensible eating plan and regular exercise routine, and tackle it with these two methods.