Posted by: lovey | 2009-02-25

Is it healthy to eat lots of chocolate.

Dear Lovey
Excessive intake of any food can cause weight gain and as chocolates have a relatively high energy content (2233 kJ per 100g), this is one food that should be eaten in moderation. Recent research indicates that eating chocolate, esp dark chocolate with a high cacao content can help to protect against degenerative diseases because of the high antioxidant content of such chocolate. This does, hwoever, not mean that you can eat slabs and slabs of chocolate all day long. Moderation is the key!

Posted by: lovely | 2009-02-25

which is dark chocolate, could you name a few?

Reply to lovely
Posted by: chocolate | 2009-02-25

Ha ha! I think you already know the answer to that question.

Chocolate is high in fat and sugar, so it' s a baddie, but the cocoa has some good nutrients in it, so as Tanya said - dark choc (high in cocoa) is okay in moderation.

Reply to chocolate
Posted by: Tanya | 2009-02-25

Well not really! chocolate contains alot fat, if you really need to eat chocolate then opt for dark chocolate instead.

how much chocolate do you actually eat, do you have a weight problem? I also LOOOOVVE chocolate but try watch my diet!

Reply to Tanya