Question
Posted by: Chris | 2011/05/29

Chlornicol and Chloromex

I have got urethritis and I seem to recall my doctor proscribing Chloromex and Chlornicol. However, I am rather confused because it says that it is clearly used for eye treatment. Can you use these for the treatment of urethritis as well?

Many thanks in advance

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Chris

A product such as Chloramex is quite commonly used to treat topical bacterial infections as a result of the specific antibiotic it contains having a broad spectrum of efficacy. In your case your prescriber's way of thinking was obviously similar.

5
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/07/25

Can Chloramex help with soars in nostrils

Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/01/15

I have been circumcise and my penis has infammation and they give me chlornicol eye ointment is there something els I should put on

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/12/27

My child had a blacksport on back of his head and its itching him,my doctor pescribe chlornicol eye ointments, is it useful..thanks

Posted by: Anonymous | 2015/05/22

Hi i have this vagina pimple and it is painful. I contacted my doctor and she gave me chlornicol eye ointment to apply on my vagina and i did now my vagina is itching and burning

Posted by: pharmacist | 2011/05/30

Hi Chris

Reply to pharmacist