Question
Posted by: Kitty | 2008/08/06

Chlomid

Hi My husband &  i have been trying for just over 2 years now At the begining of the year we found out that hubby was the problem He has seen a Urologist &  we are addressing his issue After a few months of him being treated we attempted insemination We had 3 of them with no luck After each sperm wash hubbys sperm swimming ability increased to 90 percent After the last few visits his results were 30 percent &  40 percent respectively (before the sperm wash) We now no longer want 2 go the insemination route After chatting to my gynea she insists that i am still not the problem (without running any tests) &  she wanted me to start on chlomid to increase our chances to produce more eggs I have seen the side effects should one use Chlomid while ovulating &  im not to keen on using She is aware of my concerns Do you agree with my gynea or should i push her for a lap to investigate my tubes Also can she rule me out (as not being the problem) just by the internal scans she has done to check for ovulation Thank You

Dear Kitty

The points that you raised are extremely important and I totally agree with a more thorough investigation being done on your side as well. Internal scans by themselves cannot rule out tubal obstruction with any certainty and therefore either a laparoscopy, X-ray or an hSG may need to be performed for this purpose. Simply using Clomid blindly without having done all the investigations is ill advised.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: NM | 2008/08/08

I would recommend that you do full tests on your side too, bloods and tubes, etc. Just to be sure and be satisfied that yu are addressing your situation in a holistic manner.

Reply to NM