Posted by: Anon | 2012-02-02

I''m a male and had unprotected sex, oral and vaginal. I did a full STD panel and everything came back negative except the chlamydia blood test returned a count of 1,6. I was send for a urine pcr Chlamydia trach test and that came back negative. What does that mean? Do I have chlamydia now but it''s the pneumonia type? How is that transferred? also by sex? Is any future and past sexual partners at risk of getting it from me, I want to know so I can inform past partners if I have to.

You do not have chlamydia but your blood tests indicate previous contact, which means that you had chlamydia in the past. As your urine pcr trach test was negative, you do not have the active disease and is not able to infect anyone.