Question
Posted by: Angela | 2012-02-09

Chips and biscuits

Hello, I weigh 85.5 kg''s and a m 1.68m tall. I was 72kg''s when i fell pregnant and my daughter is 3 now. I dont know what happened but i picked up some wierd habits that i dont seem to be able to get rid of. I take healthy food to work every day - provita, cheese, yoghurt, fruit and oats BUT i land up eating the oats and then i eat an entire packet of chips (the BIG one) for lunch and then about 5 biscuits (romany creams or similar and then i eat ok in the evenint - maybe oven chips, mixed veg and chicken schnitzel...is this very bad?

Dear Angela
It is a great pity that you do not stick to eating the healthy foods you take to work with you. Eating large packets of crisps which are loaded with fat and salt, plus high-fat biscuits, is not healthy and is probably contributing to your weight problem. Your present BMI = 30,3 which is very high. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25 you need to weigh 70 kg, thus a loss of 15,5 kg. To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. While you are on the ‘Diet & Nutrition’ site, read about every aspect of slimming.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-02-09

Dear Angela