Question
Posted by: TYPE | 2008/07/28

Chipping nails

I have a serios problem of chipping nails mostly at the tips on all ten fingers. I had this problem for four years now I have tried most of the tissue oils but to no avail. I' m 35 yrs old (woman).

Been to the Dematologist who prescribed vitaforce but I have not notice any change, have been taking it for six months.

Before this i used to have beautiful and strong natural nails.

Your assistance please.

Dear Type
Chipping nails are often caused by working in water, physical trauma to the nails, low proteien diets or underlying disease. It may help to take a multivitamin like Nu-nail, using nail cuticle oil daily, using gloves when your work in water or detergent or putting a layer of acrylic over your nail to protect them.

2
Posted by: TYPE | 2008/07/29

Hi Me

Thank you for the advise. I' ll definately give it a try.

Reply to TYPE
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/29

I there. I had the same problem after having nails that never broke or anything. I found that using cutical cream and wearing gloves when washing dishes and working with harsh chemicals (handy andy, etc), this slowly stopped the chipping and peeling of my nails. after using the cutical cream for a while i had gel overlays put on my nails which is suppose to strengthen them and since having the overlays removed, i havent had a problem again and this has been for a few months. Good luck. Hope this helps!

Reply to Me