Question
Posted by: Kate | 2011/12/07

Chinese Business Owners

Is it just me or have Chinese shop owners become the most horrible and sour people ever.

I remember back then people preferred shopping at the big retailers for clothes but the past 2 years or so, with everything going up and people being able to afford much less for their money, I tend to see and I myself prefer to shopping at the Chinese shops for those fashion items in today and out tomorrow.

For quality clothing we want to last longer I would go to the bigger retailers, the quality of these clothes have also dropped though and everything seems to be coming from China in any case. Woolworths has good quality but a bit too pricey I have to say.

So anyways back to my point, since the Chinese have been receiving so much support and they have really grown or taken over all shopping malls I have also noticed a change in their attitudes.

I am generalizing now yes but this is what I find personally, they will never give your money back, obviously you can never think of returning anything you’ ve worn once and the thread starting coming loose. Now, one could say you pay for what you get but their prices have also gone up to as much as the bigger retailers although still not as much.

They have their workers follow you on every turn and I can understand petty theft is a problem. Service levels have really dropped to the lowest of low, they say the most horrible things about their customers in the shop, I understand Chinese somewhat(mostly the wrong words and phrases).

What has happened!
Where does one shop? I cannot afford inflated prices but I also want decent service.
I know this is not a psych. Problem but I would just like to hear anyone else’ s opinion and sorry for the long post.

Maybe you should read up on the Consumer Protection Act and its regulations, to know what are, and are not, your rights as a customer. You can hold a shop-keeper to those, but you are also not allowed to be unreasonable, like the person who buys a fancy outfit, wears it to the office Christmas Party and then brings it back and insists on a refund.

1