Question
Posted by: Carla | 2009/03/31

Chinchillas

I brought a pair of chinchillas. I want to know if it is ok to keep them in a cage outside my house in Klerksdorp. Can they withstand the cold? There is 2 huge red lamps inside the cage, is it ok if I switch them on for heat when it gets too cold at night in winter?
Their cage stand next to my house sheltered from wind. If I must bring them inside I would have to get a lot smaller cage and they seem to enjoy the BIG cage so much!

Dear Carla

I do not know enough about chinchillas to give you advice. Do some research on the net.