Question
Posted by: laura | 2011/02/13

chinchilla vs Bully or jack russell

Chinchilla kitten vs 1yr old bully or Jack Russell?

my partner and I have a 6 month old chinchilla, we are building a house which i going to take 7 months and have decided to each move back in with our parents to save money till the build is complete.

we are now concerned with what to do with the kitty and debaiting who should take her.

House 1 option: 1 yr old Bull dog Female
House 2 option: 4 yr old jack russell with 2 adult cats

we are wondering which environment would be safer for her in terms of the dogs at hand.

please could you assist us, and how do we introduce the 2 species to each other with keeping a calm atmosphere.

thank you
Laura
Fourways, JHB

Expert ImageDog Behaviour Expert

Hi Laura, before i answer, i would like to know a bit more please. Do the dogs mentioned already have a relationship with the kitten, and to what extent, or have they never met before? If they have never met before, do the dogs have a good relationship with the other 2 cats? Knowing this will allow me to give you a more comprehensive answer. Thanks Scotty

1
Posted by: Dog Behaviour Expert | 2011/02/14

Reply to Dog Behaviour Expert