Question
Posted by: Patricia | 2009-10-31

Chills on my face when eating sweets

There is something I' d like to share with you, since no one has ever heard of it.

When I eat sweets, I usually get chills that are felt on my face only. Usually, when I feel them I know (or am convinced) that I' ve had enough or more than enough sugar already. So for example, the other day I started eating a brownie, but had to stop halfway through because those chills came. With honey, I get them when I' ve had about a table spoon and a half. What I don' t understand is why I get the symptom so fast. It' s instantaneous. Like I eat a bite and I' m fine, then the next bite they start. Have you ever heard of this?

This is very rare though, since I usually don' t eat too many sweets these days (I used to 2 years ago and had that bad habit for a couple of months, then stopped). But every time I eat a significant quantity (again the equivalent of a table spoon and a half of honey), I get that feeling.

I' m 24.

Patricia

Unfortunately, I have never heard about these symptoms before and are unable to give input. You are welcome to consult your doctor for a glucose tolerance test. This will shed some light on how fast you metabolise sugar.

1

I thought I was the only one!!! It's like a flushed feeling or a slight tingling feeling it's usually when I eat chocolate. It's so wierd