Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010/08/03

Chilli Wrap Slimming Trend

Hi DietDoc,

The latest trend in slimming is the chilli wrap (not to sure what it is all about) but from what I could gather it is some kind of a gel that gets rubbed on the skin to active a hot sensation which in return burns fat - is this possible and how safe is this? Surely some sort of skin irritation occurs? Am I correct in saying that it is no different than the cellulite creams you get? Apparently after 12 sessions (1 hr per session) you can lose up to 51 cm of fat. I am a bit sceptical when it comes to these fast slimming products and would appreciate you opinion on this latest trend as to whether it will work or not.

Dear Confused
I must admit that I have not yet heard of the 'Chilli Wrap' for losing weight. I agree that putting a highly irritant vegetables extract on your skin could cause skin irritation. If the chilli wrap causes an increase in body temperature then the patient will lose water by sweating and thus there will be a reducing in kg. However, this will not be a reduction in fat and the moment the client drinks any liquid, the lost weight will be picked up again. I think this is another scam and would advise that you do not spend hard earned money on a treatment that may cause severe skin irritation and even blistering. Rather use an energy-reduced diet and plenty of exercise to lose weight.

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2016/02/27

Just so you know im the son of the founder and owner of chiliwrap. You are not allowed to sweat during the treatment and no its not a scam maybe you must come for a demonstration dr dieet cause you have not seen or tried it. And its no scam the buseniss has been around for at least 15 years with alot of branches across south africa. Any enquiries contact me on 073 669 2950. Chiliwrap is the way to go and it WORKS.

Reply to Anonymous | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Maggie | 2016/07/07

I have a slimming clinic and am very interested to offer my clients the chili wrap. Please can I have the detail of your website or where I can order. Thank you.

Posted by: anonymous | 2015/10/20

agreed

Reply to anonymous
Posted by: Ansie | 2014/09/26

It definitely work. I have a slimming ckinic where I offer the chilli wrap. I have a lot of satisfied client's who lost the cm's and kept it off. It is not a scam if you use the proper lotions and not just any brand and especially not the one's you buy in supermarkets.

Reply to Ansie
Posted by: Certain | 2010/11/03

That is where you are mistaken Dr.
The Chilli wrap is NOT like other wraps where you ''sweat'' off the weight, NO SWEATING occurs.
I was also sceptical and went for a demo session, I had no skin irritation, and the next day after eating and drinking food and fluid my cm loss remained. I lost 45 cm overall in an hour by the way!!

It seems to me like you did not exactly research the product before posting the reply.
Confused it worked for me!

Reply to Certain

Dear Confused