Question
Posted by: Kerry | 2011-01-13

Child''s weight

Good day,,

I hope you can help me, i am not sure wheter my childs weight is ok or not, will you please assist

She is 6 yrs old and weighs 27 kg and is 110 cm tall

Thanks in advance

Dear Kerry
I calculated your daughter's BMI which is 22,31 which exceeds the cut-off point for obesity in young girls of 6 years (i.e. 19.65). I would recommend that you have your lassie and her food intake assessed by a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will have to work out a diet for her that promotes weightloss, but still helps her to grow and develop normally. Experts agree that physical activity is one of the most important factors in helping youngsters to lose weight, so please assist you daughter to become more active. She can go for walks, swim, cycle or join a gym or Walk for Life to ensure that she does at least 30 min or more of aerobic exercise a day. As she loses weight she can exercise more actively and for longer periods.
But please take her to see a dietitian ASAP.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-13

Dear Kerry