Question

Childs drawings

Hi Doc,
I am curious about the drawings of my youngest son (aged 6). We are a happy family consisting of father, mother and two brothers. Dad works very hard (often long hours) to give us a comfortable life, I also work during the day. I noticed that our youngest will only draw mom, himself and brother when he is asked to draw the family. He adores his father. Should I worry about this?

It probably depends on how he understands "draw the family". In his experience, dad is a much loved but usually absent figure, and not part of the family group as it would usually be sen, from the sound of this

2
Posted by: Me | 2009/11/10

Well when my younger brother was asked to draw the family he left myself and my older brother out lol!
He drew my mom, dad, himself and sister about his age, us older ones he left out!
He also drew my mom a distance from them lol! She' s the one that disciplines while my dad allows everything.
Not sure why he left us out though and we have lots of fun together

Reply to Me