Question
Posted by: Natalie1 | 2011/08/15

Children

my fiance''s son seems very unhappy, he always talks to me about certain things that makes him sad. he has gone through a lot and seen 3 of his grandparents suffer from terminal illness, although they have recovered from this, he still seems sad, he has lost a baby sister about a year ago, he still feels sad about that too. he stays with his mother 2 weeks in a month and 2weeks with his dad. He doesnt really talk about what happens at his mother''s house, but he did recently mention that he does not trust anyone, he mentioned to me that his mother says his father doesnt care for him etc, but he always says he loves us and he is very open with us, so his mum''s comments doesnt affect his attitude towards his dad.

Why is he so unhappy? he is not deprived from anything, he goes to a good school and his looked after very well. I am not sure if this counts, but his dad is 100% financially responsible for him.

Wow has a point ! If an illness is terminal, then by definition you don't recover from it. Presumably these were serious illnesses, where it was feared they might not recover, but the fortunately did ?
You don't mention the child's age, but at any age statements and appearances of chronic unhappiness need to be taken seriously. And sadly, it sounds as though the biomother is most unfortunately involving her child in her bitter sniping against the father, which won't benefit her own cause, whatever that is, but will harm her child.
There can be various causes for a child being sad, or even depressed, and the best person to assess this and advise on treating or managing it, would be a child psychiatrist

2

Posted by: Wow! | 2011/08/15

He has seen 3 grandparents recover from terminal illness - thats 3 miracles he has witnessed - amazing!

Reply to Wow!