Question
Posted by: sue | 2010/06/09

child with backache

Hi Doc,

My daughter (age 10) hurt her back when she fell shilst doing handstands with her friends about a week ago. Initially she said it was the skin that was sore, but this morning she woke up complaining of bad backache. She also woke up at 2am complaining of feling cold and sick and sore. I took her temp, which was nomal, and some pain meds,and she went back to sleep. Do I take her to my GP or do I wait out this back ache?

many thanks

Hallo Sue
I would take her to the doctor - it is probably a bad muscle spasm but should be checked out - she could have hurt her spine and may need x/rays. If he also thinks it is a spasm, taking her to a physiotherapist may help to clear the problem quicker.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/09

Hallo Sue