Posted by: Rozanne | 2009-07-15

Child with back ache

Dear Dr

I have a 8 year old boy. He is very fit and energetic. Plays rugby, tennis, atheltics and karate. He is constantly complaining about back aches. Sometimes behind his shoulder blades (left and right of the spine) and sometimes lower down. It is muscle pain/spasm. This to me is unheard of. He is too young for these constant back pains. I took him to an orthopeadic surgeon, and he checked out his ancles, knees, lenght of his bones etc. Everything is fine. I still cannot explain why he would get these constant pains. Please can you give me some advice ?? Where to next ??

Expert ImageChiroDoc

Chiropractic care can help - but your child's nutrition is also very important. A balanced diet with essential vitamins and minerals play a very important role in muscle strength and reaction as well as normal development. Avoid medications to "mask" the problem.