advertisement
Question
Posted by: MOM | 2011/08/31

Child swallowed coin

Hi My 20 month old swallowed a coin last friday. I have heard that it should pass through - but hasnt as yet. How long should we leave it before taking him to the doc for xray?
Thanks

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

You will have to consult a doctor for a x-ray of his abdomen. This is essential, in order to tract the progression of the coin. The coin can cause obstruction of the small intestine and it is very important to prevent this complication.

Regards





Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement