Question
Posted by: Louise | 2009-09-07

Child stuttering

My 4 year old starter stuttering 3 weeks ago. Teacher said she didn' t even notice it, but I picked it up immediately. I think he is being bullied at school (had incident before). She says it' s just a habit, but it really bothers me, because I think there' s more to it than that. Should I take him to see a phsycologist?

Suttering may be present for some time, in varying degrees, but auch a suddent start to stuttering suggests some recent event or change in circumstances, and bullying might be the culprit. One doesn't suddenly develop a habit of stuttering. You could take him to a child psychologist, or just try calmly discussing with him the situation at school ( or elsewhere, as bullies are easy to find in different settings ) and see if you can help him to cope better with this

1
Posted by: Mickey | 2009-09-07

My son also started to stutter at that age but it was because his best friend use to talk like that it became a habit becoz he thought it' s the way you are suppose to talk and I sat down with him.When he used to ask me something I' ll respond by stuttering not to make fun of it coz some kidz can' t help but just to show him that it is not the right way to talk..

Good luck, it' s only temp

Reply to Mickey