Posted by: V Singh | 2009-08-18

Child Pyschologist

My son who is 12yrs old cannot interact on a social level. He can never make friends nor have a decent converstaion with someone his age or older. Now he is being bullied by his classmates. He is a very bright boy and maintains an 85% and higher school average. He is quiet introvert but he needs to be able to stand up for himself or he is going to have this problem for life. Should I take him to therapy and can you reccomend a good therapist?

I cannot recommend specific herapists or shrinks on this site, for a number of excellent reasons. ( added to which, I don't even know where you live !). But it does sound as though it might help your son to see a child psychologist for an assessment and some advice. Check your local phone book, GP, and perhaps FAMSA.

Posted by: V Singh | 2009-08-18

In the south of Johannesburg. Are there any other parents out there having a similar issue? How do you deal with it?

Reply to V Singh
Posted by: Maria | 2009-08-18

Where are you situated?

Reply to Maria