Posted by: Racoon | 2012-11-14

Child overlapping toes

My 3.8 yo has overlapping toes - the third toe on each foot underlaps the second toe. it doesn''''t worry him, except that he tend to catch the bottom toe often and skins it which is quite painful and then takes long to recover as it is always in harms way. On the one toe a callous has formed where it rubs against the overlying toe. As he is always barefoot, shoes with toe separators aren''''t an option. What would your suggestion be? do we leave it until it gives problems? or should we do somehthing now?

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail - I would suggest that you go and see a podiatrist that could assess his foot and toes alignment and then advise you from there. in some cases it is left but in other cases conservative or surgical intervention is required, more likely conservative.
For your nearest podiatrist contact PASA or 0861 100 249