Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2010/04/23

child night terrors

i have a 4yr old boy who suffers from night terrors. i''ve been to psychologists and psychiatrists, and one prescribed eglonyl to try and ease the anxiety, but he''s still not sleeping. he wakes +/- 4 - 6 times a night screaming and crying and sometimes bashing himself against the bed. i''ve tried moving him back to my bed, to see if it will make a difference, but it hasn''t. we are both exhuasted ALL the time, and not getting rest at night.
what can i do to help him, because my heart breaks to see him go through this all the time.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is NOT a psychological issue, and does NOT predict any problems in future. Speak to your pediatrician about it - I am sure he will be able to help.

2
Posted by: Natalie | 2010/04/23

Thanks for this info, but he''s been treated for anxiety as i went through a very difficult and traumatic divorce which affected my son quite badly. i have been to the psycologist for advise, as well as play therapy due to different signs of possible autism and anti social behaviour, she in turn referred me to a psycologist for a 2nd opinion, and she advised me to try eglonyl.

i understand your comment, but i had my reasons for taking him to these people in the first place.

Reply to Natalie
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/04/23

Reply to Sleep expert