Question
Posted by: amanda | 2010/04/04

child molesting

I suspect my child of 11 have been molested during a weekend away with her friend of 11 and his parents. How do I get information out of her without making her suspitious. She shows NO signs. She is with a play therapist who have seen her once, and she said we must take it slowly.

concerned mother

Why do you suspect this ? Especially as you say :"she shows NO signs". ? I am deeply suspicious of "play therapists" who are usually not registered specialists in mental health, and not trained or qualified to make a diagnosis or to treat significant conditions. Why is she seeing a "play therapist" at all ? If it is the play therapist who has suggested that she may have been molested, the problem may well lie more within the imagination and personal concerns of the "therapist" than in the child.
If you have reasons based on major symptoms, to be concerned, have your child see a qualified and registered child shrink, for a proper assessment. And re-assess why she is receiving "play therapy" at all.

2

Posted by: Maria | 2010/04/04

Why do you suspect this is she shows no signs?

Reply to Maria