Posted by: Storm | 2009-05-10

child molestation

hi, i was molested when i was younger. can u tell me the possible side effects, now that i' m an adult and hw they can be corrected?

There can be a number of problems in later life which MIGHT be related to early child abuse ( though they all also sometimes occur in its absence ), and fortunately, there may be no later effects at all --- fortunately, some of us are more resilient than others and may avoid such damage. There is also a problem that some people have converted this into an industry, and seek to persuade people both that they were molested, and that they have after-effects that need urgent treatment, with, ( guess who ? ) the folks doing the persuading. And such therapy, from people who have become fanatical about these matters, usually makes you worse.
So. don't assume or expect anyspecific symptoms or concerns must necessarily be related to prior abuse or any other cause ( treatment can ofrten be highly effective without any identified cause ). See a good general psychiatrist or psychologist if you have any symptoms or other issues that significantly trouble you, and have a proper assessment. They will ask about priot problems and a brief over-view of your life so far, and mention the molestation as well as any other significant features ( for instance, kids who get molested may also have been neglected in other significant ways ). Then let the shrink review the WHOLE picture, and suggest a sensible plan for dealing with whatever is troubling you the most. Endless attempts to remember and dwell in the past are not useful. What matters is to free oneself from that past, and to deal with the PRESENT symptoms troubling you

Then go see a shrink. You can' t expect someone over the internet to be able to help. Many many people have been molested and if you' re having issues then DO something about it instead of wallowing.

Posted by: Storm | 2009-05-10

hw do i forget?
i guess i' m pretty much ok, but i don' t know how to handle a relationship with a guy. well, he' s been on my case for atleast 4years, sayin he is in luv with me, but hey, hw possible is it, c' mon we' ve only been on one date.
i' m terrified of endin up alone, at the same time i av this distrust towards my male counterpart.
i' m 23 and av just been affectionately kissed once. pathetic huh?
it' s just that i can' t help thinking " only if it didn' t happen to me" . i guess i' m makin a mountain over a mothhill, but at times i can' t help but wallow in self pity and truly wish i could forget and dwell on the future, but the truth is  i' m not certain of anything- my present or future. i feel so lost and i' m tired of crying.
help me.

Reply to Storm