Question
Posted by: Kb | 2008/09/25

CHILD MASTERBATION

Hi CS

A while ago i wrote in about my 4yr old i found moving up and down on her teddy. You suggested that i leave her be, and that i must not say or do anything. I have been doing that. The flat we live in is not the biggest, and this is now happening at least 2-3 times a week as I can hear her. Is this still normal? Its so silly as when i hear her i feel embaressed for her as she has no idea that i can hear her, even though the tv is on.

I rarely say MUST. If you lived in a big house, you would probably not be at all aware of this, and not worried --- but it would still be happening. Perhaps she might forget, if nthere were visitors, and embarrass herself and you, so maybe a calm, quiet talk mentioning that some things are meant to be private, and personal, but may be overheard by others.